Tuesday, May 31, 2016

trends: hanna approved

Taking a look at some current trends I've tried and approved.

Mock necks

The late 80's and early 90's trend is making a comeback, whether you like it or not. The identity confused mock neck plays as the love child of a turtleneck and a crew neck, and fits well with almost any outfit.





Glitter Everything

2016 is the break-out-year for arts and crafts (for your face). Your face is now the canvas, and I can guarantee putting some sort of glitter on it will create a pretty strong focal point.

I usually use a much finer glitter than this, but it gets the point across. 
"Hanna, where would you put the glitter?" Why, good question.
  • under eyebrows
  • on eyelid as eyeliner
  • on cheekbone to replace highlighter
  • in hair part
  • on eyelashes (you can buy mascara with glitter, or do what I did and get clear mascara, then fill it with sparkles.)
Not all at once of course, but it is a fun look to mess with.


Phhhoto account: hannavanfleet
This is a gif, but apparently you can't insert gifs on blogger, so I separated it into three frames.
Anyway, don't do that unless you like coughing up glitter. 
My eyebrows also have glitter lined under them, but the lighting isn't A+.


Bandanas and handkerchiefs

A great statement piece. They're also really cheap, so go wild.

phhhoto


Thrift Shopping


If it's a rarity that you have money- like it is for me- spend some of that cold hard cash on some gems from a thrift shop. It may take a long time to find anything, but I promise you will.

www.tagsthrift.com/

Hats 24/7

Hats! Part of the trend I'm seeing where accessories are anything but jewelry.
I own this hat and wear it frequently.
Banana Republic



DIY ripped jeans

I was given these jeans as a hand-me-down- they were a size six. They were clearly too big for me, so I turned them into boyfriend jeans. I used sandpaper, scissors, and my hands. Super easy, super worth the mess of fabric fuzz all over.

(I usually cuff the bottoms)





Overalls


I just bought these chambray overalls from Madewell, and I love them. I usually wear it with a striped crop top and the flat brimmed Banana Republic hat that was pictured above.
Madewell


90's: All grunge, all the time


Dust off your mom's Doc Martens. They're back.


Non-traditional hair styles and cuts


Do something crazy with your hair! It's 2016. Whether it's for convenience (I have an undercut because my hair is pretty thick) or just for a change.
Get those bangs you wanted! Dye your hair pink! Get a pixie cut! 

Messy space-buns featuring my undercut and crazy eyes.


Try some of these trends and tell me how you like them.


Insta: @hanna.vanfleet
Twitter: @hanna_vanfleet
Phhhoto: @hannavanfleet






No comments:

Post a Comment